Saturday, June 23, 2007

I Skipped My Reunion For This?

If you haven't hung out with a group of preteen girls playing Truth or Dare in a small town gazebo lately, well, then you are probably doing something right.
These are from a 100 year celebration for a small Arkansas town. The rain, unfortunately put a damper on the festivities. The few people that were there were kind of standing around not doing much. I still had to come back with something though.

By the way, today is my 10 year high school reunion, which apparently I skipped to listen to a group of 12-year-old girls gab about guys. It is probably a fair trade off though. I really don't know anyone I graduated with back at good ol' Brazoswood High anymore, and I couldn't justify taking three days off to hang out with people I don't remember. Plus, can you image the bad 90s' music that is going to radiate through the Lake Jackson Civic Center all night? No thank you. I can get sloppy drunk and wonder what happened to the last decade of my life on my own. Except here I will have a much better soundtrack.

So a little party music from LCDremixed.com, where master remixers took LCD Soundsystem's "Sound of Silver" and turned it into "Sounds Like Silver." Genius.

North American Scum.mp3 by LCD Soundsystem (Dunproofin's Not From England Either Mix)
All My Friends.mp3 by LCD Soundsystem (AMIGAMAN REMIX)

1 comment:

Marc F. Henning said...

i doubt you missed anything. i skipped my 10-year high school anniversary too, but my best friend attended. he pretty much regretted it. in a nutshell it was the same s--t, different decade. and 90's music would be dream, at my 10-year they would've played 80's music. dust off your favorite Wham, Madonna and George Michael tunes. AHHHHH!!