Friday, May 02, 2008

Si Se Puede

I headed to an immigration march Thursday, two years after the nationwide marches caught the attention of the country. Apparently it was huge in Corpus Christi the last couple of years. The numbers were down this year, but that didn't stop the faithful from chanting and demonstrating in their march along the bayfront to the federal courthouse. For some reason I was obsessed with the from-behind detail shot. But come on, how could you not love that hat? And when I saw this guy with two little U.S. flags poking out of his back pocket, I couldn't stop myself from making a picture. I took about 20 different photos of this guy's backside until it finally felt awkward. I wonder if anyone noticed.


3 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

that butt shot totally wouldn't fly at TMN. :-)

Nick said...

What is it about Americans and their flag? There is, I think, no nation more concerned to wave the flag whenever possible. Nothing wrong with that, of course; I just wonder what gives rise to it to that degree? Nice work, these pictures.

Neemah said...

I really like the last photo, beautiful light!