Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bands and Fans

Oh, high school football. How I've missed you.

Since I don't work the night shift anymore, football really won't be my thing this year (tear). But since its the start of the season they wanted all hands on deck. My job was to shoot the "bands and fans," as our chief photographer put it, to run on A1. So I was off to Calallen.







Another reason they sent me to Calallen was to hit the pregame ceremony naming the newly renovated field after their longtime head coach. After a series of speeches spanning the winning coach's career, I finally got this unstaged shot. Problem was, the ceremony took so long I hadn't shot any bands or fans by this point. Can't have that.





By the way, I love my 50mm, 1.8 lens (above and below). I want to marry it and have little baby 1.8s of varying sizes.
Hopefully I can talk my way into shooting some games here and there this season. Sometime before the playoffs would be nice.

No comments: