Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break

I wasn't really sure what to expect when my editors asked if I wanted to spend a week at the beach taking photos of the of the busiest week of spring break. I certainly didn't expect to see this.

Keg stands, pole dancing and sun worshiping were all part of the spring break fun along Coastal Bend beaches last week. This is the second year the paper has sent a three-person team to cover the busiest week of the spring break, when local high schools and the major Texas colleges are all on break. Two reporters, a live camera and myself set out each day to capture the action. And there was plenty of action.










Last year I felt like I'd lucked out and dodged the spring break bullet. Turns out, I was missing one of the best gigs of the year. Thanks for the memories, Spring Break. Until we meet again...

No comments: