Tuesday, November 27, 2007

All I Want For Christmas

Nothing overly fantastic about this image, but I was a little taken aback when I was talking to these people.
This was from a "Lighting of the Park" event, held at a ritzy shopping center with high-end stores and boutiques. Everything was already lit before the event started, and it was all kind of a random gathering of people eating free refreshments and looking through high-priced merchandise. So after I made this shot I started gathering the cutline info. I asked the mom whether they've come out to this event before. Her response was something like this: "Well, we haven't been out here the last couple of years because we're usually in Aruba at this time, but we're here now."

What? Really? I didn't really know what to say. I felt kind of sorry for her because she was slumming it in CCTX rather than on an Aruban holiday. Then I felt sorry for myself because I'll probably never set foot on a Caribbean Island in this lifetime.

I also think I may have angered Santa, since I was flashing him every time he came around the big lighted tree to hand out candy canes. Here he is giving me the evil eye. That's fine. There really isn't anything I want for Christmas anyway.

Get Behind Me, Santa!
by Sufjan Stevens
That Was The Worst Christmas Ever! by Sufjan Stevens

By the way, I finally purchased the Sufjan Stevens' "Songs For Christmas" CD that came out last year. Now my holiday will be 45% more Sufjany. Hooray!

3 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

You didn't piss Santa off with your flash Michael. You were already on his shit list. Remember that day on the Elk River? N-A-U-G-H-T-Y! He's Santa Claus. He just knows this shit.

Michael said...

Yeah, that trip earned me a big lump of coal this year, didn't it.

Melissa said...

Gosh, I love Sufjan Stevens. Esp the X-mas song Star of Wonder. Which i heard of from this v. same blog.