Saturday, November 24, 2007

Current Mood: Gray


Cold weather has finally come to Corpus Christi, and I couldn't be happier. This morning I came into work about an hour later than I had planned because I was unpacking winter clothes and trying to decide which jacket/sweater/long sleeve shirt/hat/toboggan combination to go with. The last two days it has been cold and wet and overcast and murky and dismal and all around fantastic.

I dusted off the melancholy melodies of Damien Rice and David Gray just for the occasion, contently listening to their somber tunes as I drove around the very gray city that is Corpus Christi. I have to enjoy it, because I'm sure in a few days it will go back to being sunny and warm. These photos are from downtown, all taken from either the roof of the Caller-Times office, or the parking garage at the American Bank building across the way.


The Refineries
or,
"Sparkling City by The Sea"

The American Bank building
The opposite view
Water Street and The Harbor Bridge

Grey Room.mp3 by Damien Rice
Disappearing World.mp3 by David Gray

1 comment:

Melissa said...

winter? NO! I want it to be sunny and orange and all that when I get there. It's cold and miserable here. I miss my sunny weather. :(