Saturday, December 08, 2007

End of the Line

It's no Mountie Meltdown, but then again I'm no Zac Lehr.

The last two local football teams lost in the high school playoff race Friday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio, meaning football season is now officially over for me. Thank goodness. Judging from how I shot this game, the end didn't come soon enough. Thank God it was an emotional loss, because my action was kind of weak. After years of covering University of Arkansas athletics, I'm practically an expert at shooting dejection shots.



The best action I got was this guy making a touchdown catch. It's OK. There was a combined 100 points scored in the game, so I was bound to get a shot of someone scoring. I better step up my game for basketball season before some 12-year-old kid with a 300mm lens comes and takes my job.

3 comments:

Ken said...

These were all a bit bright and flat. Is it my screen?

Tracie Faust said...

"After years of covering University of Arkansas athletics, I'm practically an expert at shooting dejection shots."

best quote ever.

also, i hate those kids.

Anonymous said...

I wish that I had a d200 and a 300mm lens at 12 years old!

Nice blog, great photography, keep it up!
-Aaron Snyder