Monday, January 21, 2008

Living The Dream

A year ago, I was very excited about making an audio slideshow on the Fayetteville Martin Luther King, Jr., parade. I storyboarded the whole thing days before and excitedly presented my idea to former fellow photog J.T. Wampler, who was going to help me cover the parade. He probably thought I was a little crazy, but he was willing to play along.

Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. Ice or snow or something rained on my parade and the event was pretty much canceled. But I held onto my pages of sketched ideas and patiently waited until next year.



This isn't what I sketched at all. About a month ago I realized Martin Luther King day was just around the corner. I wasn't going to work on the day of the parade, but I still wanted to do something. Armed with a few new resources and a mix of ideas, I put together this little video.

The main inspiration is obvious. King's speech is amazing, and I wanted to capture some of that. This is a very condensed version (the original took about 16 minutes to read), but I think it still retains some of that power. So take a moment on this day to hear a piece of that speech, as recited by a mix of ages, faces and skin colors from around Corpus Christi.

Watch: I Have A Dream

3 comments:

Z-Man said...

Nice video Z, great work. Check my blog for my first video attempt. It not very good and ws not for publication.
z

Neemah said...

Very Nice!

Melissa said...

genius