Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ice Rays


So about halfway through the second period the game was still scoreless and there hadn't been any real fights on the ice. I had some decent enough photos but obviously nothing pivotal to the outcome of the game. Still, I'd already stayed longer than I had planed, and I had a ton of images to edit through before deadline. I figured it would be safe to leave now.

"You know as soon as I leave there's going to be a big fight or a goal or something," I joked with another photographer.
"That's the way it always goes," he said.

I walked away from the rink and out the rear arena door. I got maybe 10 feet away when I heard the fans roar inside. The siren went off and the announcer started screaming about an Ice Rays goal. Son of a...

When I was editing my stuff later, I found it hard to open up a photo I liked that didn't have our newspaper's logo somewhere in the image. That's good marketing for us I suppose, but it was slightly annoying for me.




The paper plastered its name everywhere. You couldn't even look at a players ass have a player skate away from you without seeing our newspaper's logo. Hey, I'm all for whatever keeps out circulation numbers up, I suppose.

3 comments:

Z-Man said...

Product placement... I like it!

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Great shots!

Marc F. Henning said...

do ya'll have to get mandatory "Caller-Times" tats when you're hired? :)