Friday, December 05, 2008

Playoffs

OK, so I've been a bit distracted over the last month...

Between a busy work schedule, holidays and that minor shifting of our staff (we no longer have a photo editor), I've been unable to post on the old blog. Actually, unwilling is more like it. When I would get to the end of my day, I just didn't have the desire to spend another 15 minutes or so minutes crafting a witty yet self depreicating blog post. Plus my stuff from October wasn't all that great to begin with, so you really didn't miss much ;)

Much of what has kept me busy has been high school volleyball and football playoffs. The sports beat has been good to me the last few weeks. I've had a lot of fun doing it, and I've come away with some images I think people have enjoyed. Tomorrow I'm headed to San Antonio for what could be my last football game of the year. If they lose, its over. If they win, they are going to the state finals. It's a bit bitter sweet. For the last year and a half (has it been that long?), I've been working the night shift at the newspaper. Starting in January we're juggling the schedules around, and I'll be working a set day shift. That means no more sports for this guy for a while. Tear. It was fun while it lasted.
























So here's hoping Refugio gives me just one more game after tomorrow.








No comments: