Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Homecoming Parade


I've been slightly obsessed with the Diptych, but haven't really tried shooting them. It's mostly because I'm not really familiar with the concept. The pairing of two contrasting yet parallel images, however, is intriguing.


This one is sort of obvious, and I'm not really sure qualifies. Scott Strazzante's Common Ground provide's much better examples. More recently, Damon Winter with the New York Times put out a set of political pairings that are worth a look as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this both as individual frames, but I'm no so sure it works as a diptych as they are a little "too" similar, if that makes any sense.... but on their own, especially the second one, are nice frames!
-DKM

Michael said...

Yeah, I kind of agree. I think you can't force these pairings to occur, they just kind of have to happen. I'll keep my eye peeled for a better ones.

Neemah said...

I like the two as a pair side-by-side. It's not really a diptych, but nice images anyway. Sweet light!

I think hands down Damon Winter has been providing the best images of the campaign. It seems like everything he shoots is instant classic, Americana.

Melissa said...

wow, a month without a blog post? What's up? Don't keep me waiting.

Z-Man said...

UUHHH, are you ok dude?

You are posting even less often than me