Monday, October 13, 2008

Waiting For My Rocket

I shot one of those rocket launches last week, where I had so much fun I threw together a little audio slideshow.

Sometimes I kind of forget how cool these can be, the marriage of audio and stills. They can sometimes feel trite, formulaic or just another chore in the modern world of a newspaper photographer. But for people outside newsroom (you know, those readers we're suppose to serve) these still have an impact. I got a nice little note from an instructor telling me what a good job I did and how much the students are going to "treasure" the slide show. It really made my day. Who doesn't want their work to have an impact like that? Yeah, its not some stellar multimedia piece on poverty or anything, but that probably doesn't make it any less important to these kids.

No comments: