Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year, New Attitude

(01/10/09-I had this in my blogger drafts and totally forgot to publish it. Oops!)
I'll admit I wasn't my jolliest this morning when I rolled into work at 8 a.m. after a night of New Year's Eve revelry. Shooting people swimming 60 laps at a pool wasn't on my list of new year's resolutions. Acting like my photos are better than they really are, however, is on my list. So I give you the greatest photo you've ever seen (this year (from me)):

I also got the chance to shoot the first baby of the year. Though I'd happily avoided it every year so far, I got oddly excited this year when I found out I was doing it. I wanted to go all out. You know, make it a spectacle. A Shiloh Jolie-Pitt, People Magazine kind of spectacle. It would amuse me.

Of course it turned out nothing like that. The mother was slightly reluctant to be photographed to begin with, and after I dragged a bag of lighting equipment through the hospital, the soft natural window light ended up feeling far more appropriate. I though this photo, with the mother and her too older daughters around the baby, turned out sweet.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I've shot the "New Year Baby" assignment every year and I don't ever remember the mom being dressed with combed hair.

They've always been groggy and in hospital gowns.

You must be living right my friend :)

Happy New Year.