Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pink in the Rink

Over the weekend the Ice Rays had a breast cancer awareness campaign going on, called "Pink in the Rink." They turned the ice pink and drove a pink limo onto the ice filled with cancer survivors. When I got there the rink looked like a mess. With the ice all scratched up it was kind of hard to see the pink. Right before game time, though, the Zamboni came along and smoothed the ice over, revealing the Pepto Bismal like color under the ice. It was kind of cool.

Although I have to say they may have taken it a step too far with the pink jerseys. Forcing players to wear pink in such a testosterone-driven sport is just asking for trouble.

In other words, you're gonna get your ass kicked.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever get up to the Dallas area? If you do, would you be interested in talking to a high school photojournalism class or three? If an old college friend bought you dinner? Named Jessica?

Michael said...

There isn't much I wouldn't do for an old college friend named Jessica :) Hell, there isn't much I wouldn't do for a free meal. I'll have my people call your people.

Marc F. Henning said...

What a bunch of Nancyboys with their ice skates and pink blouses! :)

Nice update.

Z-Man said...

BEST POST YET!!!!!!!

Damn funny!

LiveStill Photography said...

I love this post. I love it so much, I want to wear a pink shirt and go beat the hell out of someone... or something.

Hope you're doing well, Z. How far away from Austin is Corpus Christi?