Thursday, April 09, 2009

Astros

The Hooks season doesn't officially start until later tonight, but baseball fans were treated to a special exhibition game last week against the team's major league affiliates, the Houston Astros. I'm sure coming out onto Whataburger Field was a big change from Minute Maid Park.


They also had a Pee Wee baseball team named the Astros come out on the field before the game to stand by Hooks players for the National Anthem. I was kind of obsessed with them, but for a while they wouldn't stop looking at me and posing. Eventually they forget I was there.

Another photographer was assigned to shoot the game. My mission was to get a couple of pre-game features for A1.






The Hooks actually won, although I'm told that by the end of the game they were really just playing against other Hooks players in Astros uniforms. We'll see how this season pans out starting tonight.

No comments: