Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Belated Spring Break

I was going through my photos from last month for the NPPA monthly clip contest, and I realized I didn't post any of my Spring Break photos to the blog. Can't have that.

Spring Break is one of those annual events that photographers around here dread. I was lucky enough to avoid the madness for most of March. Each wave of college kids came and went week after week, until I was finally sent out to shoot some photos from the final weekend of revelry on Padre Island. As much of a pain as it to navigate the inebriated crowds, I guess I shouldn't complain about getting paid to hang out on the beach and take pictures of people frolicking in the surf and sun. And I can't tell you how many times I was offered free beer. I never took any, of course.



I loved this photo. I though it was such a quintessential Spring Break scene. I took several photos of people drinking, and whenever I asked their ages for the cutline, they were always 21. What a coincidence.

1 comment:

Marc F. Henning said...

can't go wrong with chicks in bikinis jumping on trampolines. very Man Show-esque.