Wednesday, June 17, 2009

State Championships

Moody's Magic ran out last week. After making it to the Austin and advancing to the final round of the state championships, the Trojans lost to Texarkana. It was interesting to see the same two players go from sort of a relief reaction after winning the first game, to devastation in the final game.


Much like Moody, I felt like I came up short on the final game. I still came away with some photos I liked. Thankfully another one of our staff photographers came up for the final game to back me up.





The catcher became one of my favorite players on the team over the course of the playoffs. Dubbed "Little Big Man" by one of our headlines last week, it looks like the name is gonna stick. He's a great athlete and also one of the more emotional players on the field. He had the final at bat(below) but was thrown out at first to end the game, giving Texarkana the 4-3 win.





Better luck next year, Moody.

No comments: