Saturday, January 16, 2010

Livestock Show

The junior livestock show finally wrapped up today, and the $22,500 price tag for the grand champion steer has left me questioning some of my life decisions. Despite the paycheck shame and the lingering smell of farm animal odors, covering the week-long event wasn't nearly as arduous as I remember it being. It's definitely safe to say that there are other parties involved in this show that have it worse than me.


Part of the coverage of the show included this little audio slideshow/video I made. A group of editors decided it would be fun to combine pictures of animals with kids singing Old McDonald in the background. I'm not really a fan of kids or animals, so the whole thing sounded like a nightmare to me. It turned out better than I expected, though. I actually enjoyed putting it together.


No comments: