Saturday, January 09, 2010

Spectacular

Yes, Christmas is over, but in the Catholic Church there is still some Advent celebrating going on. The Corpus Christi Cathedral held its annual Holiday Spectacular today, complete with choirs, angels, Mary, Joseph, and ballet dancers. Lots of dancers. In fact, I almost got trampled several times by ballerinas bouncing around in the aisles. It was worth it though. I lucked into a good position and some great light as this winged dancer heralded in the holy family. Right after I shot it I realized I was in the path of more oncoming dancers. I scurried out of the way, but soon noticed I left my second camera behind. I reached back into the aisle and Indian-Jones style grabbed it and saved just before it was crushed under a heard of slippered feat. Hallelujah.

2 comments:

Ken said...

Sweet light.

Marc F. Henning said...

like the lead image a lot.