Saturday, April 07, 2007

Meet The Press

I'm sometimes surprised by people who talk to the media in difficult situations. This girl's brother was just arrested in connection with a double murder. A reporter and I came knocking on her door within hours of the arrest, expecting no one to be home or no one to answer. She was obviously upset, but seemed unphased when I finally had the courage to pull up my camera and talk pictures of her talking to our reporter. Regardless of his guilt or innocence (which is yet to be determined), if I were in her situation I don't know if would be willing to talk to anybody about it, let alone the media.

1 comment:

Tracie Faust said...

you know, ive thought a lot about this. i've been in some pretty seemingly awkward situations and have been far more accepted and even wanted than I ever thought.

I sometimes wonder if it's not so much apathy towards our presence, but sometimes a desire for either pity or attention. I think in my own life tragedy can sometimes be something to almost gloat on.

Pathetic? Probably. But I think it's all too true...