Monday, April 30, 2007

100!


Over the weekend I shot a Roller Derby bout in Springdale. It was kind of a freelance/favor thing. The graphic artist at our paper is a member, and she was looking for a photographer on the cheap. I never know what to price my services, so I bit at the first number she threw out at me. This is why I will never be a successful freelance photographer. "100 bucks? Sure. The loose change in your pocket? I think we can work with that. Some Magic Beans? Let's talk...."

Anyway, it was actually good times and she paid a decent price. I'd do it again.

And I'm sure no one cares but me, but today is my 100th post. Woohoo! Sure, most of my posts were trite and random, but I didn't actually think I'd keep my blog up for this long. Turns out I love my blog so very much. Seems like a great time for a little party music. The first is an bonus track from the import version of Timbaland's "Shock Value" CD. I don't know why he omitted it from the U.S. version, because its great. The second is a mashup between the Killers song "When You Were Young" and Muse's "Starlight." It just wouldn't be a party with out a killer mashup. Enjoy.

Come Around.mp3 By Timbaland, featuring MIA
When You Were A Starlight.mp3 by Team 9, featuring The Killers vs Muse

3 comments:

Mark M. Hancock said...

I've never seen or shot this in person. I saw it on TV when I was a kid though. You make it look visual (action and emotion).

Tracie Faust said...

are you freaking kidding me? ive always dreamed of covering roller derby. so classic, it kills me.

those women look tough...

Tracie Faust said...

looks like ill get to be seeing you some in the next couple of days.

im covering graduation for the herald tomorrow, spencer said you'll be there?

also, monday morning meeting with you?

right on, looking forward to it!