Friday, May 04, 2007

A Little Crafty (or A Lotta Feisty)

I don't get the big draw that the local craft fair explosion brings this time of year.
Maybe I'm not the only one who's a little bit confused.

So today's photo is more a less a front for me to ramble on about music. I picked up a new CD Tuesday, and this artist has a particular significance to me. Canadian indie darling Feist flew completely under my musical radar until about a year and a half ago when I saw her video "Mushaboom," play in a local music store. Not only was the song great, but the video was super cool. I'm pretty susceptible to visual stimulation, and this one surprised me and made me take notice. Although the rest of the CD didn't stick (I remember thinking it was kind of boring and somewhat Norah Jones like...BorahJonesie, if you will), in my search for more of her music I stumbled on The Hype Machine. That site, coupled with my acquisition of the Garden State soundtrack, completely altered the type of music I listen to today. Well, Feist is back with a new CD, a new music video, and an almost completely not boring set of songs. Much of the mood is light, punctuated with playful hand claps and simple yet engaging song structures. Here are a couple of samples for you to enjoy.

One Two Three Four.mp3 by Feist
Sea Lion Woman.mp3 by Feist

No comments: