Saturday, May 26, 2007

City Limit Saturday

OK, so here's my attempt at starting a weekly music feature for the summer. The goal is really to get my siblings and I prepared for the annual Austin City Limits music festival in September by going through the lineup and getting to know some of the acts I'm unfamiliar with. This way we will get the most mileage out of the three day event. Hopefully you will find something you like as well.

The first installment will not disappoint. Disco punk act LCD Soundsystem has been blowing me away all week. Fronted by New York producer/singer James Murphy, the music is electric and fun while mostly avoiding the dance hall/techno vibe. It is rockable electronic music at its best. These two are from the self-titled, two-disk debut CD, which I highly recommend. Their newest CD, "Sound of Silver," is great too, but with only 9 tracks on the album it feels incomplete. The first album is the better buy.

Preview Tracks: Daft Punk Is Playing At My House.mp3, Thrills.mp3
Artist Website: lcdsoundsystem.com
Hear More Music: LCD's MySpace, The Hype Machine
Buy Music: LCD Soundsystem, Sound of Silver

No comments: