Friday, May 11, 2007

Baseball Music

UA/Bama action. I'm still not sure if Arkansas won, but this is the photo I gave them for lead anyhow. Plus I enjoy turning in as many home plate shots as I can these days.

So the other day another photographer and I were at a baseball game talking about music. Well, we were kind of making fun of some of the song choices blaring over the loud speakers. At the Arkansas home games, each player gets an introductory song of their choosing as they walk up to the plate to bat. After mercilessly denouncing the "Summer of '69" choice by one player (Bryan Adams? Really?), she asked me a question. If I had to choose a song at bat, what song would it be? I couldn't come up with something right away, and I think if I could I'd probably rotate every so often just to throw something totally random out there. But now that I have had some time to think, I've narrowed it down to two songs. I think to pick a good sports intro song its got to be something either classic or current, edgy yet inoffensive, and definitely something upbeat and masculine for a game like baseball ("Push It" by Salt N Pepa doesn't cut it, Casey Coon). As much as I'd like to choose some Aqualung or maybe throw down a little Goldfrapp, they break about every rule. So I give you my at bat song intro choices, courtesy of Muse and Wolfmother. What would your song be?

Supermassive Black Hole.mp3
by Muse
Joker and The Thief.mp3 by Wolfmother

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i've given it some thought. i would chose Stevie Ray Vaughns Voodoo Chile as my song. Now, there's a player with the razorbacks who has Voodoo Chile but it's the Jimi Hendrix version, which blows.