Friday, May 25, 2007

In the Dog House


I love dogs, but it was crazy walking into this woman's doggy day care facility yesterday. I was almost knocked to the ground several times by a pack of peppy pooches. And that was just in the "little dogs" pen. When I left my pants were wet and stained with paw prints and dog drool. Good times.

By the way, last night I was one of two featured guests at a small SPJ gathering (the other was our paper's entertainment blogger/podcaster Joe Askins). We were brought in to talk about online media. It didn't go so well, at least on my end. The good news was they had excellent green salsa and chips. Here is a small transcript of the event, or at least how I remember it...

Moderator: Tell me how you first became aware of blogs and how you use them.
Me: (Damn, that's good salsa...oh wait) Uh, I like blogs.
Moderator: How much time do you spend looking at blogs and other online media?
Me: (Um, only, like, my entire work day...don't say that) A lot I suppose. Like, hours even, maybe.
Moderator: What are some of your favorite blogs?
Me: (I really should have checked my bookmarks before coming here) There's that one, you know, with the photos...I like that one. That overseas one is cool. The Guardian, or whatever.
Moderator: What impact will blogs and podcasts have on newspapers?
Me: Interesting questions. Joe, what do you think...

Yeah, public speaker I am not.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

perhaps if you had invited Zac and I to this function, we would've had your back!