Saturday, March 15, 2008

Spring Breakers

I was assigned to shoot the Spring Break beach action today, where I saw some visual reminders of exactly where I was.

This is definitely America
And there's no doubt I'm in Texas
My favorite person of the day, though, had to be this guy. There was a huge line of cars and probably about an hour-long wait to get to Padre Island. As I was waiting in line with everyone else, a guy riding in the truck in front of me gets out, sets up a chair in the bed and cracks open a beer. I just had to shoot it. So I told the reporter to take the wheel, jumped out of my car and hopped onto the back of the guy's pickup. He seemed unfazed and offered me a beer. He said he didn't want to wait any longer to soak up the sun and get his Spring Break started. There's only one thing I can say about that:

God Bless America

4 comments:

Melissa said...

where were most of the spring breakers from? i have every intention to wear my texas cowboy hat while paddling in my kayak!

Z-Man said...

Great post Z-Man but I want to see the photo of the chick who is in the refection on the pick-up's window.

Michael said...

Most of the spring breakers were local high school/college kids. A lot from San Antonio, some from Austin. South Padre Island (about 3hrs south of here) gets the bulk of the college kids from the state during spring break.

Does a big beer drinking dude not do it for you Z? I couldn't get that girl in the photo without my shadow all over her, so unfortunately she was out.

Marc F. Henning said...

less dudes, more chicks. i know you shot them michael. lets see em. :-)