Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I See You, Johnny Canales

Don't ask me why, but I'm intrigued by this man.

I don't have particularly fond memories of the Tejano music or the Spanish-language programming that my mother would sometimes enjoy when I was a kid. But for some reason the former host of the Univision series, "The Johnny Canales Show," stuck with me.

When I moved to Corpus Christi and covered my first event he attended, I instantly recognized him. "That's Johnny Canales!" I kind of blurted out, then went after him with my camera. I'm not sure where his popularity stands these days, but he always seems to draw a crowd.

I shoot him almost every time I see him at. Kind of obsessive. I rarely turn in the photos I shoot of him, but he's been at the last three or four GI Forum events I've covered in the last couple of weeks. I can only keep this man out of the paper for so long.

3 comments:

Z-Man said...

How cute.. You have a "photo crush."
Dick Trammel is my photo crush.

Z-Man said...

BTW, I'm drunk!

Michael said...

Dick Trammel? I loved that guy, although I'm not sure he would approve of blogging while drunk.