Saturday, February 23, 2008

Obama Rama

Oh, Obama. You're not making this any easier for me.

Nine days after Hillary came to town, Barack Obama turned up in South Texas to rally for votes in the Sparkling City by the Sea.

The newspaper really blew up the Hillary coverage last week, so we had to repeat the effort when Obama came to town. It was pretty much story-for-story and page-for-page coverage. Had I know I would have to do everything all over again, I may not have agreed to write a story and put together an audio slideshow when Hillary was here.

The whole rally was kind of odd. After pulling in tens of thousands of people in Houston and Dallas, I expected Obama's visit to be this tidal wave of hope and optimism. Instead, the event seemed sort of low key, at least as far as rallies go.



People were not allowed to bring any campaign signs to the rally. But just before Obama took the stage some campaign workers started handing out signs, including several homemade looking signs drawn on white posters. It was odd.



Anyway, check out the Obama slideshow. I like the beginning a lot, and I may have borrowed a little inspiration from another photographer's blog to help me out.

2 comments:

Z-Man said...

"I may have borrowed a little inspiration"
Zamora You're my INSPRIATION!

Melissa said...

i wonder if he enjoyed a What-A-Burger by the bay?