Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Random Moments

A couple of photos from the last few weeks that I've meant to post.

The littlest boxer gets ready at a Golden Gloves tournament.


A city council women blends in at a recent function.

Indian girls perform a dance during a Bollywood-style fundraiser.

A group of kids, members of the "Young Marines," gets ready to participate in an Iwo Jima reenactment.

Also, a photo of me ran in the newspaper yesterday. It was for a new photo column called "Depth of Field" they stated having us write a couple of weeks ago. It's sort of a blog-style/behind-the-scenes/photo-tips-and-tricks sort of column. I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Anyway, one of the other photographers was writing about how we always try to get different angles and points of view, and they used this Michelle Christensen photo of me from the Hillary rally as an example.


And to keep things interesting, here's a sampling of the music I've been listening to recently. The first is a random song I found on The Hype Machine. The other two are from albums I bought online after checking out some of the Brit Award nominees last week. Apparently I'm some big euro music poser now.

If you see me at my desk with my head phones on quietly editing photos, I'm probably listening to this:








If you see me driving around town, windows down enjoying the mild weather, I'm probably blaring this song on repeat:








And if I'm just standing around at a society assignment trying to escape to my happy place, I'm probably playing this Kaiser Chiefs' remake in my head:






3 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

did you explain to her that that isn't an interesting angle, we call it a "hail Mary." i really like the dance shadows photo. great eye candy.

Neemah said...

Wow, it looks like everyone is having the time of their life in the Hillary photo!

Anonymous said...

I love the first image in the series. I also love the shadows of the dancers. Thanks for stopping by my blog,
Aaron Snyder