Saturday, February 09, 2008

Rock Out With Your Doodlebop Out

It's been a rockin' weekend so far, with assignments to shoot two concerts on Friday and a Guitar Hero tournament Saturday.

So what's a Doodlebop? If you have to ask, you are probably older than 5 and have no children. They are a trio of brightly colored musicians from The Disney Channel, singing songs about learning or being a better person or something. I don't remember. All that stuck was "Do-Do-dodo, Do-Do-dodo."



They kind of freaked me out a little bit, but the kiddies seemed to love them. I did enjoy a visit from their street-styled studio producer, a dog named Audio Murphy.

So how do you follow up a Doodlebop concert? With a little Free Bird, man.

Southern rock group Lynyrd Skynyrd was also in town. While both concerts were held at the American Bank Center (one in the auditorium and one in the arena), they couldn't have been more different. I was surprised how much I enjoyed shooting and hearing the first three songs of the Skynyrd show. I guess after hanging out at Kiddiepalooza, a little classic rock was just what I needed.








Finally, it's time to bust out the Xbox. If you really want to feel inferior to a 12 year old, a Guitar Hero tournament is the place to be.


A local drum group held the tournament as a fundraiser, attracting about 120 people. I was surprised how many little kids came out. Seeing kid after kid finger their way through Foo Fighter and Van Halen songs made me question whether I have ever been that coordinated.

I definitely need some practice. But, like all physically challenging activities, remember the importance of stretching and warming up. You don't want to injure yourself.

That's so not Rock 'n' Roll.

2 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Great post, man.

Neemah said...

WOOOOOOOOOO! Free Bird!!! Man, that's rockin'!