Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rock 'n' Roll Fashion Show

There was a little fashion show last night at the House of Rock, a local bar across the parking lot from the newspaper. A friend from work was walking in the show, so I figured I'd stop by after work and take a few shots. Must feed the blog.

The light source backstage was one halogen flood light. I shot high and slow, playing with the warm light and harsh shadows it cast as the models made their final preparations backstage. I loved the shot above. Jacque is becoming quite the photo muse.



The show started pretty late. I think to get all the bands in that had yet to perform, they sort of rushed through the fashion show, doubling up the models on stage. It flew by. once I reset my camera and got into position, I only managed to get a dozen or so frames from the front of the stage. Still, it was good times.




I put a few more up on my MySpace page. Go HERE if you want to check them out.

2 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

I really like the lighting and color in this series.

Robbie Hammer said...

Sweet! Good stuff Mike with the light.