Tuesday, June 03, 2008

To Arkansas And Back

Good ol' Fayetteville, Ark.

So my week-long adventure across three states came to an end yesterday. I didn't quite stay within my budget, but I was actually pretty close. Who knew I had such generous friends? From Fort Wort to Fayetteville and Tyler to Tulsa, I was allowed to crash on couches and had several of my tabs picked up. I definitely owe some people my thanks and several rounds of beer.

The photo above comes from the Fayetteville Farmer's Market. Below, from a Roller Derby bout in Springdale, Ark.


I had planned to shoot tons of photos throughout the trip and update my blog daily. It didn't quite happen. Mostly I just relaxed and enjoyed the company of my friends. I also didn't do many touristy things along the way, but I did manage to hit up a couple of museums. Don't worry, I won't bore you with a ton of painful vacation pics.

Well, maybe just a few.

Me at the Kimbell Art Museum
Fort Worth, Texas

Me at the Philbrook Museum of Art
Tulsa, Oklahoma

I actually really liked the Philbrook museum, which is housed in this gorgeous old mansion in Tulsa. The grounds were beautiful. Even though I lived in nearby Fayetteville for four years, I never got around to visiting this particular museum before. It was very cool, and I'm glad I was able to check it out. The Kimbell was good, too. I had heard a lot about it when I lived in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It was much smaller than I thought. And even though I am standing in the museum's bathroom in the above photo (why is there a mirror above the urinal?), I was actually inspired by a lot of the works inside.

I'm glad I didn't let the high gas prices derail my trip. I love a good road trip, and I can't wait to wheel my way around the region again.

2 comments:

Z-Man said...

WOOHOO! Great first shot for Arkansas!

Melissa said...

should have been a pie shot.