Monday, June 09, 2008

Surf's Up

A friend from work invited me to Port Aransas this weekend, where a small assembly of Caller-Times employees were meeting to do a little surfing. I'm not a fan of being wet, so I initially declined. Then I thought, I could always tag along to take some photos for the blog. I'm definitely a fan of blogging.

The resident Caller-Times surfing guru offered up some brief instructions, and then they were off. It was only the first or second time for everyone, so no one was ready to stand up on the board just yet. The water was also pretty choppy Sunday. I waded out a bit for some shots, but I was pretty terrified of dropping my new D300 into the salty water. Still, I had fun and I think I got some decent shots.







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's andy...seeing as how i'm egotistical sometimes, can you email me the others with me in them?

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Looks like an awesome time.

Melissa said...

where are the photos of you? :P If Will and I come down we have to do this!!!

Z-Man said...

Zamora don't surf!

Mauser*Girl said...

That looks like great fun.

I love the water and would love to take up surfing, but the nearest spot for me to surf is an hour's drive away (Virginia Beach) and usually stuffed full of tourons in the summer. *sigh* Plus I'd be torn between wanting to get in the water and wanting to take photos!