Saturday, December 23, 2006

Game Time

Who knew kids still played Monopoly?

I guess it's never too early to learn how to financial crush your friends and neighbors. There was a Monopoly tournament Saturday, and it was actually kind of fun to shoot. The fact that the kids were just sitting playing a board game sounds kind of boring, but it gave me a chance to practice annd play with the light (here I have an on-camera flash with an omnibounce, using a second light to the right on the end of the table for some fill).

Plus, the kid in the red sweater was a riot. His name is Tiger, and he is easily the coolest 12 year old I know. There were other tables of kids, but I focused in on this table because of how energetic these two kids were. As it turned out, my favorite pictures of these two ended up being when they were more serious and focused on the game.

I also shot some basketball yesterday. It was the first Arkansas Razorback basketball game for me to shoot this year. I didn't get anything spectacular, but who needs good action when you have Charles Thomas. I love when players don't hide their emotions, and Thomas is never shy about yelling in celebration or venting his frustration on the court.

I did move around a bit at the start of the game. This shot, taken about 10 or 15 rows up in the stands on the left side of the goal, came out cleaner then it would have if I were on the floor. I love shooting basketball, but getting a clean shot without extra players' limbs or the referee's ass in the frame can be hard some times when you're on the ground.

1 comment:

Ken said...

Mike,

I love photos of hands so of course the top is my #1 pic.

Also, I have never been much of a sports shooter and I usually pass most sports photos by while blog browsing but I do always appreciate a good moment like the reaction shot of Thomas.

Well done.