Saturday, December 30, 2006

Arkansas vs. Louisiana Tech

A little basketball action from tonight's Arkansas Razorback game.


I really liked this top shot. It's almost graceful looking, with all the extended arms and random players suspended in the air.

Arkansas clearly had the upper hand throughout the game. The final score was 80-50, and they lead by more than 20 points for most of the game. Oddly enough, the action wasn't boring. A lot of loose balls, steals and all that good stuff.

Here's what I turned in for the lead tomorrow. My favorite photo was actually the top one, with Patrick Beverley under the hoop. But the sports editor told me that the lead on the sports front was going to run kind of small and squarish (they're doing a big centerpiece previewing Arkansas bowl game tomorrow). So I thought this one, which is tighter and has players larger in the frame, would look better on the front. It doesn't hurt that the action is nice too.







I moved around a little bit in this game too, shooting from the stands just to keep things interesting. I got a nice clean shot of Sonny Weems making a dunk above. At left, Weems tries to keep his balance and the ball in play as he falls back out of bounds.





And I just thought this photo was kind of funny. Sometimes on assignments I wish I had an extra set of arms. I suppose they'd come in handy in a game of basketball as well.

No comments: