Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year's Eve.

My resolution this year? To continue to fill the moments of sheer boredom that bring you here with interesting images and maybe a song or two. And unlike my other resolutions, I'm getting started on this one right away.

A car slid off the road and down a steep embankment yesterday. It sounded bad on the scanner, but once there I realized only one car was involved and only one person was injured ( a broken nose). I hung out for a little bit though. When the car crashed, the vehicle ran over this road-side cross marking the site where another car had slid on the same curve during a fatal car accident a few years earlier. I kept waiting for someone to get near it or read it or something. I thought it made a nice shot when this police officer finally came over and picked up the pieces as the wrecked car sat in the background. Right after I shot the photo, some sheriff's deputy standing behind me laughed and said "You were just waiting for someone to pick that up, weren't you?"

And the new year isn't starting so well for Arkansas football fans. The Razorbacks lost to Wisconsin today in the Capital One Bowl. I wasn't one of the photographers sent by the newspaper to cover the game, but I did take pictures of people watching it. Here fans look shocked that Arkansas isn't winning. Really?

By the way, check out the new and improved menu bar that runs down the right side of the blog. It's got some java script that took me way too long to execute, and an expanded list of photo blogs worth checking out. I don't know all of these photographers personally, but I respect their work and visit their sites often. You should too.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

i loved the shot of the officer picking up the cross when i saw it this morning in the paper