Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Church Exposed

A visiting pastor from a church in New Orleans made a stop at a local Christian church, and I was sent to take his photo at a reception. I really like his expression here, very joyful. I wish I had shot more straight on and lined up with the stained glass windows in the back, but unfortunately there was another church goer standing to my right. I'm kind of shooting over her shoulder. I didn't think elbowing her to the ground at a church function would have gone over so well.

Despite my restraint, there was still an awkward moment. The reception was held in a room right off of the main sanctuary, separated by some sliding walls. I was hanging out in the room waiting for the service to be over and the reception to start, when this woman started pushing the walls away. I felt very exposed as the room opened up and there were a room full of worshipers looking over at me as they performed their final song.

No comments: