Friday, March 09, 2007

Fantastically Random (or, A Beyond Useless Post)

Rather than just regurgitate the fantastically average photos I shot from the Arkansas vs. Vanderbilt game (they won, another day in Atlanta, yeah!), here are some photos from the SEC Men's Basketball Tournament that will never see print.

Even if my newspaper did want photos from the Kentucky vs. Mississippi State game (they don't), these photos would still never run. Kentucky (the blue team) lost and Mississippi State won, making these photos beyond useless. I still like them though.



Keeping with the theme, here are a couple of extremely random songs that have made their way onto my play list. They are very much on the fringe of what I normally listen to. The Sigur Ros is not only random, but the Icelandic band's song is in another language. Once you get over the initial, "what the hell is this" shock, it's actually quite fantastic and beautiful. I'm still on the fence about the Dntel (yes, it's suppose to sound like that in the beginning). Dntel (aka Scott Tamborello) makes up half of a group I like called The Postal Service, so this song from his new album gets a pass. Finally, the Ms. John Soda song is an old favorite. For some reason it has resurfaced and become the theme song for my trip to Atlanta. In fact, I made all but one of these images while listening to this song on a continuous loop. Enjoy.

Seaglopur.mp3
by Sigor Ros
Dumb Luck.mp3 by Dntel
A Nod On Hold.mp3 by Ms. John Soda

No comments: