Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Final Four Assignment

I was kind of bored on my day off today, so I decided to put a quick entry together for the Strobist Final Four assignment. The assignment is basically to shoot a basketball on a neutral background using no more than two lights. You can see some of the other entries here, and see my set up for the shot here. Apparently since I have a new Flickr account, an administrator must review my photos before my entry will show up with in the strobist group. Becasue that review period could take up to 10 days, my photo may not post to the Strobist group before the Monday deadline. Boo.

By the way, I picked up a couple of CDs today. One fantastic, the other OK. I may have overhyped the Mika CD, "Life in Cartoon Motion," a little prematurely. It was good, but somewhere between him singing about sucking on lollipops and how "big girls" are beautiful he lost me. It's still a fun album with some great moments, but not as great as I expected.

Andrew Bird's "Armchair Apocrypha", however, is so wonderful. I instantly liked his single, Heretics, but was afraid the rest of the CD would disappoint. Far from it. Andrew Bird is a musical genious, and I am loving this CD. This song is an early favorite:

Plasticities.mp3 by Andrew Bird

3 comments:

David Hobby said...

Michael-

NICE. I hope that is for Strobist, and not Sportsshooter!

-DH

Melissa said...

thought Mika was going to be "the greatest CD of the year"

David Hobby said...

Awesome.

This had BETTER be for Strobist and not Sportsshooter.

Don't worry about the Flickr newb thing. We'll get it in, one way or another.

Unless you shot it for SS. In that case, you're on your own, pal.