Sunday, March 04, 2007

Dandy in Vandy

I had the chance to shoot the Arkansas at Vanderbilt game yesterday, and this was my favorite shot. It didn't run in the paper today, but I understand why. Arkansas won the game and the players are finally on a hot streak after a pretty dismal season, so a photo that makes Arkansas look like they are out of control or doing a poor job doesn't work. It's just dandy for the blog, though.

Speaking of doing a poor job, its been a while since I've posted some music. I'm sure almost no one cares, but I'm excited about these song and think they are worth sharing. Give them a listen:

Thank God It's Fatal
The newest CD from artist Andrew Bird comes out later this month. The wild whistling, violin playing singer is responsible for what is probably one of my favorite songs (Mysterious Production of Eggs' "Sovay"). His new song is lush and infectious, and I can't wait for his new CD to come out.

Heretics.mp3 by Andrew Bird

Shining Bright

Conor Oberst fronts the sometimes rotating line up of performers for the group Bright Eyes. This coming week they release the CD single "Four Winds." I've heard a few of the six songs on the disc, but this one remains my favorite.

Tourist Trap.mp3
by Bright Eyes

Jenny Was A Friend of Mine
Scottish singer/songwriter Paulo Nutini was recommended to me by a friend at work. I don't know much about him, but he's got a great voice. The CD is extremely polished (almost too clean and perfect in production) for a first album. Definitely worth a listen.

Jenny Don't be Hasty
by Paolo Nutini

1 comment:

Melissa said...

glad you like paolo. :P