Saturday, March 24, 2007

A Little Bit More Mural

Press conferences are never really that exciting, and neither was this one, but I was loving this mural they had up in the lobby of the women's athletics building on campus. They announced a new head basketball coach today, and here he is just chatting with some people after the press conference in front of my favorite new wall.
Unfortunately during the actual press conference they put up this dull gray back drop. The whole thing was also set in a dark corner of the lobby with mixed lighting. Why PR people don't consult photographers I'll never understand.

OK, so I'm straight stealing a post idea. Lost Things Found, a music blog I often visit, recently featured the cool retro soul stylings of Jamie Lidell and I was quite intrigued. I'm not a big listener of R&B/Funk/Soul, but good music is good music. You may recognize one of these songs, which is featured on the latest Target commercial. These are off Lidell's 2005 CD "Multiply," and they are just phenomenal.

When I Come Back Around.mp3 by Jamie Lidell
A Little Bit More.mp3 by Jamie Lidell

3 comments:

Melissa said...

holy cow. i was thinking of "A Little Bit More" last night but couldn't remember who sang it.

Anne said...

Hey Michael! Thanks for the Lost Things Found shout-out! Isn't Jamie Lidell great? I haven't seen that Target commercial yet - I'll have to keep an eye out.

Anonymous said...

Yay. Here's the best basketball finish EVER!!!. Thought you'd enjoy it.