Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Outtakes (or The Patrick Hat Trick)

A couple of outtakes from a Closet Snoop fashion thingy I shot tonight. The above shot I love. This was taken in a small room off to the left of a bright kitchen. It was bare and dark, and the kitchen light streaming in was so cool and moody I had to recreate it with my lights. Throw some cool art in the back and, bam, you got a photo. The photo below I shot as I was waiting for the woman to change. The kid was jumping all over the place saying, "take my picture," "let me see," "can I try it," and so on. So I took a couple of test shots of him to adjust my lights, and we were both happy.


So it's only Tuesday, but the highlight of my week has already happened. I'm talking, of course, about The Patrick Hat Trick. I'll explain.

For a while I was obsessed with a Canadian singer/group called Patrick Watson. Good stuff. It took me a while to really get into it, but it has some fantastic songs and overall is a great little album. Then a few weeks ago, a co-worker introduced me to the music of Patrick Wolf, and my obsession shifted to the slightly androgynous, yet fantastically talented British singer. Pure coincidence that they both had the same name. But after a while I thought, 'wouldn't it be funny if the next artist I started listening to also had the first name Patrick?' Not only would it be cool, but then I could use the phrase "The Patrick Hat Trick" when people asked what I was listening to. As soon as I uttered those words I knew I had to make it happen. Well, Monday I found my third Patrick.

Introducing Patrick Park, the L.A. based folk rocker who's catchy tunes and slightly melancholic melodies provide the perfect balance to Patrick 1 and Patrick 2. The first song of his I heard, "Here We Are," had me hooked right away. Here's a sampling:

Here We Are.mp3 by Patrick Park
Life Is A Song.mp3 by Patrick Park

I guess to make it a true hat trick (and to keep with the post's theme) here's a Patrick outtake that didn't quite measure up. Still a great song though.

Rocket To The Moon.mp3 by Patrick Cleandenim

No comments: