Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Skate


"My name's Michael and I'm a photographer with the Caller-Times. I got a picture of you skating, you mind if I get your name."

"Oh, no, I don't want a picture of me skating in the paper."

But I like the shot, I thought. It has palm trees. It's not even a shot about you, you just happen to be in it.

He continued, "In fact, can you just delete the photo? I don't want to be in the paper at all."

I thought, I just spent the last half hour scouting out the scene and waiting for this photo. I spent even longer driving across this city looking for anyone actually doing something interesting outside. If you think I'm deleting this photo...

"Uhh, I guess." I said.

He skates off.

4 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Too bad. I really like the shot. Nice framing with the palm trees.

Marc F. Henning said...

figures

Neemah said...

I'm assuming you didn't delete the photo.... :)

Bryan and Amory said...

You should send the photo out in some mass email across the entire country.