Monday, August 25, 2008

Creative Differences

The best new comedy sweeping the nation premiered over the weekend. "Creative Differences," the short film me, my roommate Israel and our friend Phil made, had its debut at the Corpus Christi 7-Day Film Project screening on Saturday. Watch it and tell me how great it is!

There were a couple of rules for the films.
1) The film had to be 4-8 minutes in length (not counting credits and titles)
2) The film had to be totally written, filmed and editing within the 7 day time period.
3) A specific prop, a line of dialogue and a certain character had to be included in the film. They were: a tortilla, "You can go to (______) and (_______) for all I care," and a character named Beth, the victim of a recent tragedy.

I thought our movie was great, but unfortunately we were not showered with awards at the screening. Thejudges just didn't get our genius, I suppose. We got a lot of laughs though, and the audience really seemed to like it. That's all that matters. At least that's what I tell myself.

4 comments:

Z-Man said...

Nice, you ripped off Bad Santa and Romeo and Juliet in less than nine minutes.
Ok here is why you did not win any awards... I am going to let you in on a little secret.
All successful movies must contain three elements.
1. FULL FRONTAL NUDITY (FEMALE PREFERRED).
2. CAR CHASE
3. HIGH FALL (FROM A BUILDING OF AT LEAST 14 STORIES)
Your movie missed on all three requirements.
Also the Academy is racist.

Bryon Houlgrave said...

dudes, this is hilarious.

Marc F. Henning said...

no lightsaber duels either.

Bryan and Amory said...

Pretty funny.