Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Olympic Baseball

So here's a game you can play at home.

Last week I was very burned out on baseball. It was the last full week of the Hooks minor league season, and I was ready for it to all just go away. At the same time I was obsessively looking at Olympic photo blogs. I was astounded, sometimes jealous, yet always inspired. As I drove to yet another game, I thought, why don't you think of this as an Olympic venue? Go in with a fresh eye and shoot it like you've never been there before. The actually game was secondary, and the spectacle of the event became the focus. Here's some stuff I got (pretend they are all Chinese and the Olympic symbol is everywhere, it makes them better).









Yeah, I'm no Sol Neelman or Scott Strazzante (unless you count when he talked about missing the shot while shooting track and field), but it was fun. It definitely made the last few games of the season bearable. Until we meet again, Hooks.

2 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

I like the different looks. Great approach on this one. Way to avoid the monotony.

Bryan and Amory said...

I think this might be your best baseball photos yet.