Monday, November 13, 2006

Frame-tastic

A few things from the weekend shift.

This weekend I was really trying to think about framing, and getting people lined up around graphically pleasing elements. These first two are actually test shots I made while waiting for the real photo to happen. I ended up liking both of these better than the "real" photos.

This was the scene from the downtown square, all done up and ready for the holiday season. There was a charity walk coming through, and I thought this would be a nice way to frame them as they paraded through downtown.

This is from a veterans memorial. I had difficulty with this one. It was later in the afternoon when I arrived, and the few people who did show up didn't want their pictures taken. No one said anything about their shadow, I guess. I wish this person had been better defined. Its more of a profile as she passed by talking on her cell phone. And I was the one being disrespectful?

And the only good thing about last month's time change is that the great late-afternoon light comes an hour earlier. I thought these two images had nice light.

A girl pulling the leaves out of her hair between baggings.

And a skateboard trick right into some nice highlights.

1 comment:

Philip Wartena said...

Hey Mike, you can get the border script from this site

http://getit.davidjay.com/

The guy has some great tools, especially if you shoot weddings and I'm sure you do. The border script is about $100 and is definitly worth it. There's just nothing like a real print border to have and there are like 10 different borders to choose from with all sorts of options to make them look unique. Take it easy bro. Philip