Tuesday, November 28, 2006

On Display

The rest of the photo staff and I attended a little photo gallery opening reception tonight. The local little theater has a small art gallery in their building, and they invited our staff to display some of our work. I wasn't that excited about the showing at first, but it was actually kind of neat. It was also very flattering to hear the positive responses from the people who attended.

Here are the four photos I had on display:

If you want to own this piece of history (from a local immigration rally this past summer) it will set you back $350. I didn't realize our work would be for sale. My first question was, who gets the money? I'm not completely sure about the answer, but I know its not me.

This Michael Zamora original is a steal at $250. I don't know who assigned the value of the photos, but it would have been interesting to be a part of that conversation.

Another $350 masterpiece. I was kind of surprised this photo made it on display. I like it, but I don't really know what regular people would think about it. I was also surprised that after looking around a bit, $350 wasn't the highest value. Some, like a fellow photographers fishing photo, were marked at $450.

And this work is priceless. Literally. NCAA rules prevent us from selling images of college athletes, so it was marked as not for sale.

2 comments:

DJ Were-Panda said...

It's always weird for me to assign values to works... However, your candid shot of the little Indian girls sitting in a row is really a jem.

Thanks for leaving a note of encouragement on my blog...there are several sites dedicated to planespotting. Airliners.net is just one of the oldest ones. Jetphotos.net is another really good site. If you wiki planespotting I think there are more links posted there. In Europe there are actually spotter groups but here in the US we don't really to talk to each other.

Cheers! :)

Melissa said...

The $250 one of the girls is a steal. Too bad TMN doesn't pay me well enough to purchase the Zamora original.