Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Band Nerd

I'll admit, I'm a bit of a band nerd. In fact, if I didn't have to work today, this could so totally be me.The Drum Corps International show comes to town today, and I spent the morning shooting The Cadets marching rehearsal. It was way hot, but it was good times. I've always thought these drum and bugle corps groups were just the coolest. I actually tried out for one when I was in college (It ended pretty badly...don't ask). While I can still find musical outlets and play for community bands and such, there really is no way to repeat the marching experience once you leave school. So today, I live vicariously through the people in these photos.






10 comments:

Marc F. Henning said...

best collection of band photos i ever saw. nice job michael!

Wes Putt said...

you've had a trumbone sitting in your room ever since I moved in. and I've yet to hear you play it.

also... these photos rock. not to toot your horn or anything.

yes. I. just. did.

Unknown said...

sweet collection! nice job, man!

Ken said...

You're the coolest.

Neemah said...

So how many copies of "Drumline" do you own?

Nathan Allen said...

nice job, enjoyed the photos

Melissa said...

so really, you're going to be the headline act at our birthday party right? Can you play Happy Birthday on the trumbone for me???

Robbie Hammer said...

Nice stuff Michael

David Hobby said...

DCI totally rocks. I'd love to see one of my kids make a traveling squad.

David Hobby

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing images! Takes me back in time to my marching days. Thank You!