Saturday, July 21, 2007

Potter Portraits

I don't know why, but sometime yesterday afternoon I caught Harry Potter fever. To clarify, I did not sport a cape and I have no interest in reading the books. After all the hype and the build up, though, I started to get excited about the event. So when I saw I had to shoot a Harry Potter parade at the library today, I decided to take full advantage. I shot a series of portraits of kids dressed as Harry Potter characters, asked them a few questions and bang, I had a slideshow. Actually it took longer to put together than I thought, but I think it was worth it.
This little guy was my favorite. He was this stout little Romanian kid, proudly wearing a garbage-bag cape while clutching a copy of his favorite Harry Potter book. I didn't get good audio from him since he didn't speak English very well, but I stuck him in the slideshow anyway. Check it out below.

6 comments:

Bryon Houlgrave said...

Ho, ho, ho, Merry Potter.

Very nice portraits. I think quite a few of us went in dreading the Harry Potter fanfare, but it's very easy to get caught up in the excitement. Especially when you see how much the kids love it and get involved.

Marc F. Henning said...

hats off Michael. that's some great work. take a break man, you're making the rest of us look like slackers. (:

Robbie Hammer said...

Nice stuff Michael. I was lucky to avoid all that Harry Potter hoopla. Now,if I could only tune out thePotter talk in the office....

Z-Man said...

Great slideshow, real chicken salad.

Anonymous said...

Hey Michael, love that first picture. What a character she is, enhanced by good lighting. Our local Harry Potter launch was great fun. I think I was the only tog around here who bothered to cover a launch, I don't know why nobody else did them, I had a blast.

Wes Putt said...

dude... this is the best series of portraits I've seen in a long time. That includes Sports Illustrated's special on NFL Cheerleaders. Just... awesome.