Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Stand Alone

Today I shot too pieces of random stand alone art that turned out better than I thought.
The first was from a local flower shop. I saw them unloading a truck full of flowers as I was driving by, and figured it would make a nice photo. But when I approached the workers, one of which was the owner, I got derailed. The business had just moved into a new building, and the owner was all excited to tell me about it. 'You got to see this,' 'look what we're gonna do here,' 'just wait til we finish the upstairs' and so on. By the time he calmed down the unloading had finished and my photo was gone. But I had to feed the beast, so I hung around a bit and got them working in their new space.

Here I am tilt framing my ass off. I didn't end up filing it, but I do like the composition. Photo purists be damned.


The other photos I shot were from an arts center in town. They were suppose to have a little theater class for kids going on. When I found out it had been cancelled, I decided to invade the ceramics class next door instead. Nothing spectacular, but I did get a couple of detail shots I liked.


No comments: